Online Solution-Focused Brief Therapy.
SKYPE COUNSELLING SESSIONS AVAILABLE. I offer call and video counselling. These forms of e-therapy work well if you are unable or don’t wish to do face-to-face counselling. During the coronavirus isolation this service is open to couples and individuals.
Clients who use this service do so for a variety of reasons:
- it’s easy to arrange around your timetable
- for geographical reasons (I counsel people from both the UK and abroad)
- flexibility – because heavy work schedules and busy lives make attending therapy at particular venues and times difficult
- because of illness or disability
- they have small children and don’t want the inconvenience of finding a baby sitter.
I also work with many students whose university counselling service is oversubscribed; this is an ideal way for students to access counselling quickly and affordably.
These are some other reasons why online therapy is preferred by clients:
- they like the anonymity and feel safer
- they feel their anonymity enhances confidentiality
- they find it easier to discuss difficult issues if they can’t be seen, or can’t see the therapist
- they feel more in control of the therapy (although in SFBT the client is more in control of the direction of the therapy in any case)
- they feel they can get down to issues that matter much more quickly
You can choose whatever format of e-therapy suits you: video or call. Please call or email me should you wish to discuss this option and for information on how it works and we can get started as soon as you wish.
Solution-Focused counselling by Skype during the coronavirus isolation is the perfect format for starting or continuing your therapy sessions. This enforced isolation can be a positive time.